If you are having problems with your WI-FI reception in your home:
1. Move large furniture to the edge of room. Signals are impeded when they have to go through walls, furniture, etc.
2. Eliminate mirror and metal cabinets near the Modem/Router. Signals will bounce off of them.
3. Keep Modem/Router away from microwaves, monitors and receivers, fish tanks, tvs, Christmas lights, electronic gadgets where possible.
4. Change to a different channel in the Router.
5. Update the firmware.
6. Place in center of home and as high as possible.
7. Plug into a UPS unit to avoid power surges, lightning, etc. Never plug into an extension cord. Must be plugged directly to outlet or UPS.